Custom laminates manufacturing
CLM was founded in 2005, consequently of 15 years involved in the world of sailmaking, covering the disciplines of textile and engineering, design, manufacture of machines and consumables.
The company’s vocation is to design and manufacture technically innovative fabrics. For the time being, the company is working in the marine industry with the development of the TRILAM range. CLM market is based on top level racing sailcloth (for example, in Vendée Globe regattas, most prestigious offshore races and luxury yachts).
The very high level of performance which CLM insists upon for its applications has naturally led the company to be autonomous. The manufacturing process, which is innovative and patented, was entirely built from a well-defined design width a minimum width of 3 meters to 4 meters. CLM constantly upgrades its manufacturing process. TRILam team’s approach to manufacturing is a genuine hallmark of CLM, providing flexibility and competitiveness.
Using synthetic fibres and primary materials available on the market, CLM combines all the necessary skills and expertise. All our departments are pretty small but with a large field of use and a various knowledge
Located in a rural part of the heart of France, CLM by nature ensures that all life-cycles of materials and Trilam are as optimized as possible, not just to improve margins by avoiding all waste, but also to reduce the impact on the environment. A huge research program based on organic materials is started for 5 years.
Notre entreprise s’engage en faveur de la diversité et de l’emploi des travailleurs handicapés.
Descriptif du poste
Using synthetic fibres and primary materials available on the market, CLM combines all the necessary skills and expertise. All our departments are pretty small but with a large field of use and a various knowledge :
- Textile and mechanical design office, including research department (High performance fibres and also organic fibres)
- Mechanical tests in the laboratory
- Formulation of glues and resins
- Conventional weaving (on Dornier HTV, PTV and 2023 ORW, tape weaving) including warping
- Twisting and winding
- 2D fibre layout (own CNC machinery)
- Coating, assembling and Laminating
- Large size 2D tracing and UV printing
- Mechanical engineering (machining, metal working and assembly)
CLM has a small weaving department of technical textile with Dornier looms, tape looms, warping machines to produce our own needs and new textile as components in our TRILam range.
Salaire brut30 000 € à 40 000 €
Skills required :
80% of the job:
- Supervise the entire production cycle (from loom machine start-up to repair or maintenance, and also warping, if needed coating..)
- Operation Monitoring - Watching looms, tensile, fibres, cloth, gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Operation and Control looms - Controlling operations of equipment or systems
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting inspections of products to evaluate quality or performance:
- Be able to evaluate the final quality of the product, to apply corrective adjustments if necessary
- Adjust the looms to match the production schedule (to have stock at the right time)
- Contact supplier, order, take decision with your staff and organize your department
30% of the job:
- If needed involvement in production of TRILam, working with the production team in daily tasks if needed: quality control, 2D weaving, laminating..
- Research & Development: Creating prototypes, testing new raw materials
- Carry out performance tests in conjunction with the design office or customer request.
- Create, try and learn about organic fibres, high modulus fibres, innovative products
- In link with the production team, propose and discuss about weaving possible improvements (be the link between production and raw materials)
Knowledge needed :
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, quality control
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language
Specific knowledge for CLM:
- Dornier Looms (HTV, PTV)
- General Mechanics (for maintenance or repairing)
- Open-minded, creative and keen on learning.
- ITI / Diploma / BE in Mechanical Engineering
- And/or 5 to 10 years experience in Dornier rapier looms setting
- France ( Najac city, near Toulouse south of France )
- Accommodation and other needs to be discussed ( home, annual vacation...)